Monday, February 18, 2013

The thermostat in the hallway

...how to disguise it?   I feel that I cannot cover it as it might affect the poor ugly thing. 
Surround it with items of interest seemed the only answer and so it it done.























The oval mirror, one of two, were given to me as empty frames by my mother-in-law.   They sat for some years since I couldn't think of what to put in them.  After a perusal of my collection of Victorian Homes magazines it finally dawned on me to have mirrors put in them and I have been thrilled with them ever since.     The piece of Bradbury and Bradbury wall paper is all I will ever have (alas) on my walls, but it is my very favorite one.   The pressed flowers on velvet I purchased in 1989 at a small store that sold boxes, oddly enough.   The small picture below the thermostat is an ink drawing done by myself (copied from a photograph) when a teenager.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you there on trying to disguise that ugly ol' thermostat! You have done a great job of disguising it. Your oval frame is lovely and I know what you mean about the Bradbury and Bradbury wallpaper being all you'll ever have. It is expensive stuff. Have a great week! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment Gina. I use the Bradbury & Bradbury in miniature in my dollhouses so I can at least have some rooms somewhere with them!

    ReplyDelete