Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Parlor or just a living room?

                  It looks more like a living room to me than any Victorian parlor but how many living rooms have such red drapes?  I made the valances, back when I had 9 foot ceilings but I will use them wherever.  I had quite the time finding 6" red bullion fringe.  I got it from an upholstery house in San Francisco and had an interesting conversation with a young man there about what I was making with it.   My dream is to have red velveteen curtains - we will see.    I keep these up from October through the end of February, then I switch to green ones with different green valances.
        We had a perfectly nice ceiling fan which died out.  The apartment complex put in this one which I don't like at all but they failed to ask my opinion. 
This is an entertainment armoire which I have wanted since the 1980's when I first saw one.
The TV is inside of course.  The stereo, which is now a period piece itself, along with the turntable (both of which I purchased in 1977) sit atop  and over that is some of the DVD collection, the British drama and history stuff.   The red tassels, the red pillow and plaid cloth are holiday covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment