Friday, January 25, 2013

Thanksgiving table 2012

This was my table set for Thanksgiving this past year.   I polished silver for days beforehand.    The third picture is the beginning with shrimp cocktail appetizers.   The Eastlake dresser has it's fall garland draped on it and to the left are some paintings by myself and some not by me but suitably depicting food.
The brass tray I polish occasionally and it has a stand.   The sideboard is ancient and not in any was distinguished.   I bought it in 1986 and it has been hauled around a lot.
The two closets are storing my dish collection and they are packed.
At least the table and chairs are of walnut and new and sturdy. 
Hubby promises he's replace the lamp with a nice iron one one of these days....
The second picture shows the main course.
This first picture shows dessert.   I made the cake but bought the pie.
The green crystal vase in the middle was bought by my mother in 2004 at an antique shop for the most amazing price (in my opinion).  It has a signature and is from the 1920's I think it was.  At any rate, she gave it to me recently and I was glad to feature it.

The Victorians (I like to flatter myself) would approve....



2 comments:

  1. Hi Cassandra, I'm so glad you found and like my blog. Thank you so much for following me and leaving a comment. You have some pretty Victorian furniture. I'll have to check out your miniature blog. Have a great weekend! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina,

    Thanks for being a follower of my blog too. I only wish I'd found these blog earlier, they are really so enjoyable. I'm glad to see how many like the Victorian era.

    ReplyDelete